|If done the right way, using the Cloud has great potential and far reaching consequences for your business.
Ask Invotec how you can change the way you pay for IT support and remove the need for an expensive server(s), in your office.
What is “Cloud Computing”?
Cloud Computing is a the new buzzword in IT support and architecture. It’s so new that a clear definition is hard to find, but this is how Wikipedia defines it:
Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices on demand, like the electricity grid.
Why look at the cloud?
No need for a server in your office
The concept of cloud computing is that you won’t buy expensive servers and physically install them in your office. Instead your server(s) will be out in the Cloud and located at the Invotec Datacentre and you will access them via your broadband connection. Invotec will manage them out in the Cloud for you eliminating time and money in IT support.
Eliminate Capital Expenditure
Without the need for a server your up-front Capital Cost will be much lower or perhaps even zero. Instead you will pay a monthly fee for the use of the server resource and its support. This will reduce your overall IT spend and the need to change hardware over at regular intervals.
Obtain access to your data anywhere, anytime.
So what should you move into The Cloud first?
The best way to move into the Cloud is 1 step at a time. This enables you to test the water and move pieces of your infrastructure in a controllable manner.
Here are some of the things you can most easily start to move into The Cloud:
- IT Support –The traditional methods of IT support no longer are required. There is no need for an engineer to visit your desk to fix most of your IT related problems. This eliminates travel expenses and time wasted waiting for support to arrive. With your permission, we can access your computers via the Cloud and fix your problems immediately. Bottomline is this means that problems can be fixed faster, more conveniently and for less cost – which is great for your bottomline. To find out more about Invotec’s IT Support click here.
- Email – hosted Exchange email works well in a Cloud environment. Putting email in the Cloud means that even if your office server goes down or disaster strikes your office you will be able to get your email at a different location. This means no lost opportunities due to customers not being able to get access to you. Ask Invotec’s email experts how we can make sure your Company is not blacklisted.
- Online data backup – for most organisations this is the easiest most cost effective way to back up their data. The data is encrypted and then backs up over the internet each night (or whenever you choose) to Invotec’s secure server centre. You won’t need to buy tapes or a tape drive and it’s all automatic so you don’t need to do anything. We will monitor for you every day to make sure it’s running correctly and you will receive daily emails showing your backup status. Ask how Invotec can provide you with this peace of mind.
- Hosted applications – today more and more software vendors are making their applications available across the internet. This can be a very cost effective licensing option as for a simple per user subscription each month the applications are accessible from anywhere with a suitable internet connection.
- Data – instead of keeping your data locally in the office you can store it in the Cloud in a hosted server making it easier for mobile and remote workers to access. Obviously this has tremendous benefits for ensuring access should an issue occur in your office.